Subject: troubles with nfs-server
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Oliver Paulzen <opp@sunday.muffin.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/04/1997 14:31:22
Hello!

I've got a SPARCstation IPX which ran NetBSD-1.2.1 and upgraded to the
latest -current snapshot yesterday (from April 29th, thanks to Paul
Kranenburg :-)). I untared everything but etc.tar.gz, supported by
the upgrade script.

But now I'm getting troubles with my NFS-clients (FreeBSD-2.1.5). When
I try to mount a directory from the netbsd-machine it seems to work,
but isn't mentioned in the df-output ('mount' says it's there). When
I cd to the according directory and ls it, I get a ".: permission
denied". Even when I try to unmount it with just the directory-name
(it's got a entry in /etc/fstab) it's says that I've got no
permission. 'umount server:/exported/directory' works.

This happens with the GENERIC-kernel as well as with my own 1.2D. The
option NFSSERVER is include (when not, the mount fails. Who invented
this feature? I didn't know it from 1.2.1 :-/).
And this moment I don't have any possibilty to access my exported
directories from within my client-PCs :(

Do you have any idea about this? What changed from 1.2(.1) to 1.2D?
Any mountd/nfsiod/exports-syntax?

Please help :-/

Thanx in advance
 Oliver