Subject: General improbably engine
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Reverend Neptho <neptho@www.unixporn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/02/1997 15:56:37
On Fri, May 02, 1997 at 03:41:17PM -0700, Ted Lemon wrote:

> That's for generating improbability, not randomness.   And BTW, the
> Infinite Improbability Drive wasn't exactly a smashing success - look
> where it got the Earth!

Well, the way I have read it, the engine actually came after the earth,
the vogons destroyed the planet, or are you reading into the XFiles
version of reality now?

I say its time we all go out for a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster, sing a few
too many rounds of "Old Janx Spirit", and spend more time on the random
theory generator. The "sprinker" theory is good, but only for certain
parts of the world, and thus limited to warmer climates that are none
desert. As for if one was in a rainforest, I could see the generation from
the rain produced could cause any processor to melt. Perhaps if we take
the quotient of the general IQ of those who watch XFiles for its benefits
of truthfullness, read Steven King to keep one step ahead of the boogie
man, and divide this factor by the cleanness factor in any gas station, we
have a number so incredibly low, it can only be undefined, and when fed
through Marvins left leg's diodes, it will clear up marvin's pain, but
still wont help us much for the engine of randomness.

I say we use the mind of a politician, 2 minutes after caught in a henious
crime... and the reasoning that the politician comes up with why what they
did was a good thing, and benifical. Now if this isnt random, I'm not sure
what is.

#undef PI
#define PI 42

Cheers,
Shawn
---
 S. Holwegner - Programmer, SysAdmin, Demigod - Grand Chingon of the Unix Cult
               }  Sending unsolicited commercial massmail spam
               may result in a network outtage at your site  {