Subject: Re: IPNAT and one IP
To: John C. Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
From: Evil Erik <cyber@ecst.csuchico.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 05/02/1997 11:03:11
John C. Hayward wrote:
]
] Dear NetBSDers,
]    It seems that the current implementation on NetBSD (well 1.2D) of ipnat
] requires at least 2 bit net mask (as stated in the manual for dealing with
] broadcast and network ip).
]    However, it also seems that there are many situations where a ISP
] provides only one IP and one would like to have a small lan behind the
] machine running ipnat - for example a home lan or lan in a dorm suit.
]    Are there major issues in modifying ipnat to deal with one IP on one
] side and a lan local IP (10.0.0.0) on the other side?  I understand that
] broadcast might be a problem.  Has this been done already?  Any idea of
] how hard it would be to do?

Probably not too hard..
Im running it that way.. sortta..
A lot of things dont work and i really havent had time to track them
down.. I can telnet out from an internal machine but thats pretty much
it..
Netscape fails big time, and any attempt at a connection fail from a
win95 box.

-=erik.

--
Hack the Media.                                       Life is an illusion.