Subject: Re: audio
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: eric richard haszlakiewicz <haszlaki@students.uiuc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/27/1997 23:25:27
> > 	Well, I've been trying to get the soundblaster audio working on my
> > system.  I've been having a similar problem to that reported in pr3380.
> > I haven't really been able to get anywhere.  Just wondering if anyone else
> > had made any attempt at this?
>
> If you are having the repeating audio clip problem, its "well
> understood" why its broken, and should be fixed "RSN".

	horray! :)  now i wonder if anyone who "well understands" why its
broken might possibly have time to explain.  (I can't figure it out, and its
really bugging me)

	btw, just noticed that root can no longer chdir into any directory.
Supposed to happen?  I noticed b/c the security script now spits out a
bunch of errors when a find command can't enter a directory.  Is this the
"correct" behavior?  I checked a few other non-netbsd systems and they all
allow this.  (result of recent change in execute check logic in
kern_exec/vfs_subr ?)

eric
haszlaki@uiuc.edu