Subject: tgetnum - bug or feature?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/22/1997 00:08:21
I've got a piece of code, many moons old, which does something like
	width = tgetnum("co");

This has worked forever.

Suddenly, it is dumping core.

Study reveals that running tgetent() before doing this fixes the
core dump.  No other system I currently have access to requires me
to run tgetent first.  The documentation (which looks fairly pre-ANSI)
does not seem to hint at a definitive answer.

Bug?  Feature?  I could go either way on this, although I slightly prefer
the behavior I get elsewhere, where tget* all work on the current terminal
type unless I run tgetent to look at a different one.

-s