Subject: Talk, Telnet LINEMODE and CR's
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 04/18/1997 19:47:14
Hi,

I've noticed that talk no-longer treats ENTER properly when in Telnet
LINEMODE.  It just sends/prints ^M instead of going to the next line.  ^J
does what ^M should do.  Character mode, however, works as expected.  The
telnet crlf option doesn't change anything. I'm not sure when exactly this
started happening, but I'm sure it worked at one point.  It works fine on
my 1.2 machine.

I've got 1.2D/i386 (a few days old).  I've got ncurses installed, but
seperate from the existing curses, so it shouldn't interfere.  The problem
arrises if I link to ncurses as well.

The problem doesn't appear to be in talk or ntalkd itself since talk
hasn't changed since 1.2 and I reverted to the 1.2 ntalkd with the same
effect.  I would expect it something with telnet/curses but everything
else (including other curses stuff) works fine.

Anyone else see this?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
	Rick

Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                      System Administrator
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/