Subject: Re: DES contest
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/1997 14:58:19
Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi> writes:

> Anyone who wants to put his/her machine into use, might want to look at
> http://www.des.sollentuna.se/ - and probably e-mail the team and ask for
> NetBSD binaries.  I have already asked them for the source so I could
> build the client for NetBSD/Sparc and /i386.

> Yes, I know - this doesn't belong in here.. I just wanted to let you all
> know about the contest (I have 4 NetBSD machines running the BSDI binary
> at the moment).

Here's an idea...  Why don't we all use a common email address
and if we find the key give the 10% of the prize money to the NetBSD
Foundation?

I already mailed the DES group suggesting that each of the free unixes
get 10% and the FSF get the rest.  I would not want to participate in
an effort which gives away the money to a linux group only...

--Michael