Subject: Re: -current kernel hasn't been compiling
To: None <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/1997 12:10:47
> Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 11:55:33 -0400
> From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>

> > P.S. this is the third time I've sent this to the list, and nothing has
> > ever got back to me (including my message, apologies if somehow you've
> > already seen this).
>
> I don't think I've seen this before...
Me neither.

> > > cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> > > machine/intr.h:78: warning: `splraise' defined but not used
> [etc.]
>
> These will go away if you compile without the -Werror or if you compile
> with optimization.  At least, that's the case on the m68k.  Compiling
> without optimization also causes gcc to abort on the 68k...  :-(

One way to avoid the error when not optimizing is to replace:

static __inline int splraise __P((int));
static __inline int spllower __P((int));
static __inline void splx __P((int));
static __inline void softintr __P((int));

with this:

extern __inline int splraise __P((int));
extern __inline int spllower __P((int));
extern __inline void splx __P((int));
extern __inline void softintr __P((int));

and provide non-inlined versions of these somewhere (i.e. locore.s)
See arch/sun3/include/psl.h:_spl() for example.

Gordon