Subject: Re: long long vs. -ansi...
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
From: J.T. Conklin <jtc@cisco.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/08/1997 09:02:16
In article <199704080351.UAA01076@andare.fugue.com> mellon@hoffman.vix.com (Ted Lemon) writes:
   > ...maybe I'm just missing something, but I just compiled tip(1) from
   > today're sources on an m68k (hp300) using the default flags, including
   > -ansi -pedantic -Werror.

   Hm.  I can't see how the i386 header or the m68k header could possibly
   compile under a pedantic ANSI compiler.  Is it possible that you're
   using a different version of the compiler than I am?   Or maybe that a
   header file is getting included now that wasn't getting included
   before?   I'm at a loss to explain why this problem didn't crop up a
   long time ago.

I believe that gcc has an (compiler compile time) option to ignore
ansi warnings in system header files.  Perhaps you're running a version
without this feature? turned on?

	--jtc