Subject: Re: netatalk - what can I do with it?
To: Marc A. Boschma <marcb@bms.itg.telstra.com.au>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/03/1997 19:38:27
On Fri, 4 Apr 1997, Marc A. Boschma wrote:

> Matthias Scheler wrote:
> >while reading "source-changes" I noticed that "netatalk" has been added
> >to NetBSD-current. My questions is what one can do with it? Are there
> >already any applications that use this stack?
>
> Has anyone looked into AFP v2.2 which supports TCP/IP ? I have been
> thinking about a samba like file server for Macs. Would Netatalk also
> allow an AppleTalk interface to a AFP server for NetBSD ?

Not yet, but I'd be interested. The Linux folks are working on something,
and now that we've got netatalk, we can play too. :-)

As it bypasses ddp, it's not dependant on the kernel. It should share more
easily. ??

> I'll have to hunt out a site for netatalk...

The main one is at umich.edu. I'm interested in any others you might find.

Take care,

Bill