Subject: xntp, export/domestic
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: current-users
Date: 04/03/1997 13:28:39
/usr/doc/3RDPARTY was very recently updated with an entry for (the
not yet importet) xntp.

The following question is raised:

.  There is also the question of whether or not we want to use just
.the export version, or to import the non-export version under
.domestic and the export version into our regular tree.  --cjs

Unless there is a really good version to take the non-export version,
I'll strongly recommend to stick to the export version.

My reason for saying this is that I prefer NetBSD to be available
in the same version to as many users as possible -- and everything
that goes into domestic breaks this principle.

For products that only are applicable to /usr/src/domestic, the question
is slightly different: not all of us can get the product, but those who
can all get the same version.

regards
Erik Bertelsen
Living in Denmark, and therefore not applicable to retrieve the
domestic sources.