Subject: 1.2.1 -- is it soup yet?
To: 'current-users@netbsd.org' <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Graham, James <James.Graham@Schwab.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 04/02/1997 01:17:53
[Replies to greywolf@starwolf.com as replies to this
 address may be read by Big Brother@Schwab.  No joke.]

Hi, folks.

I have a HUGE volume of mail which, due to circumstances beyond my
control, I am only able to read sporadically, and almost never
thoroughly,
so I'm curious (forgive me if I've missed this):

Is 1.2.1 built and retrievable yet?  I seem to have trashed my build
last evening because, for some reason, make did not export the MAKE
variable all the way down the tree as I would have expected.  I'd rather
not simply restore 1.2 if 1.2.1 looks to be coming out of the pipe soon.

On a similar note, could someone please tell me what I did wrong?
[output deleted due to faulty memory]

starwolf 511# cd /build/usr/src/share/mk
starwolf 512# make -DBUILD DESTDIR=/build install
starwolf 513# cd /build/usr/src
starwolf 514# make -DBUILD DESTDIR=/build includes
starwolf 515# make -DBUILD DESTDIR=/\
	MAKE="make DESTDIR=/build -km /build/usr/share/mk" \
	beforeinstall build install afterinstall

Somewhere after 515, it decided to install into //usr/bin/[wherever]
instead
of to /build/usr/bin/[wherever], from what I could gather of the last
screen full of output, which I can't quite remember accurately.

Now telnet and rsh fail with ENOSYS.  Interestingly enough, when
I built like this a couple of months ago, libc from _then_ actually
works.  Nothing else seems to fail, only programs which require
DNS lookups, from what I can tell.

Clves, anyone?

This message made possible by
Microsoft