Subject: Re: /etc/ftpusers
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/1997 11:45:41
Curt Sampson wrote:

> I've had a proposal to add a file like /etc/ftpusers that does the
> inverse:  if it exists, only users listed in that file will be
> allowed to log in via ftp. This seems like a good idea to me, and
> to avoid confusion with the names, I've also had a suggestion that
> we should remove /etc/ftpusers entirely, and have /etc/ftp.deny
> and /etc/ftp.allow files instead.
>
> Has anyone any comments on this?

I would suggest something like it too. It's very confusing to me
ftpusers don't list people who are allowed to use ftp, but
the opposite ;-( Maybe we should enhance it's syntax only, add
fields DENY:, ALLOW: ? Just a thought.

--
Jaromir Dolecek             	ICS MU, Botanicka 68A, Brno, 60200, Czech Rep.
dolecek@ics.muni.cz			Tel.: +42-5-4151 2266