Subject: 1.2D (March27): panic: bremfree: lost tail
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 03/29/1997 00:12:02
Since my March 21 sourced kernel got the same vm_fault as reported in
kern/3370, I updated to March 27, and decided to back out Charles new
com driver (this is an i386) - since that is the only non-standard
code in my kernel.

I booted the new kernel single user as netbsd.n and since it looked
ok, I mv'd it to netbsd... then I want to cp it to my wd0 disk as that
is what the machine boots from when unattended (and still holds my
nice reliable 1.1A system), when I did the cp, I got:

panic: bremfree: lost tail

it rebooted, saved the core file, (tells me no more than the above
btw) and just after I logged in - rebooted again.

I'm back to running the March 21 kernel :-)

--sjg