Subject: Re: DEC uses NetBSD
To: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
List: current-users
Date: 03/25/1997 21:46:32
> : If that means installing stuff under /usr/local rather than
> : /usr/contrib, well, I don't like that very much, but it's a price
> A speacial case could be made in the FreeBSD bsd.port.mk file if
> NetBSD wanted to have a different PREFIX than other systems.  However,
> I'd strong suggest that you'd want to keep most of the same defaults
> to remain compatible and to not violate the principle of least
> surprise.

Hehe, sure & true. Maybe i've missed it, but... can you name me the file where
variables like USA_RESIDENT etc. (look at ports/security/ssh) are defined? I
must have missed it. X-)

About different prefix, i'd vote for PREFIX=/usr/local but the ports must be
reworked to respect it. (I'd be willing to help out there once we're set with
the rest ;-)

TIA,

	Hubert (who hasn't a full FreeBSD tree at home)

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>