Subject: Re: "Curious" sup errors
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@ora.de>
List: current-users
Date: 03/25/1997 18:55:34
paul@pgoyette.bdt.com (Paul Goyette) writes:

>I've been getting errors like the following from sup.  They started some
>time ago, but the list of directories that it seems to want to delete is
>growing.  I wouldn't worry too much about it, since the directories in
>question (/ comes to mind) are unlikely to ever be empty (and therefore
>deleteable), but I'm curious as to why sup thinks it ought to try...

>SUP: Unable to delete directory src/usr.sbin/
>SUP: Unable to delete directory src/lib/libc/arch/m68k/quad/
>SUP: Unable to delete directory src/bin/rmail
>SUP: Unable to delete directory src/
>SUP: Unable to delete directory /

It could be that you have files in those directories that sup doesn't
know about.  You have to clean them manually.  Or, perhaps, the "backup"
option in your supfile is interfering.  I haven't used that option.

--
Christoph Badura

Now available in print: Lion's Commentary on UNIX 6th Edition, with Source Code
			http://www.peer-to-peer.com/