Subject: .mk changes and Makefile cleanups
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@deshaw.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/24/1997 16:47:34
I'll be committing a rather large set of changes to Makefiles and .mk scripts.
Make(1) sure that you have the latest make(1) installed before you start
rebuilding. If you read this and you forget, you can use older binaries
by specifying UPDATE=1 and BUILD=1 on the command line.

These changes as I mentioned before:

- cleanup DPADD/LDADD inconsistencies everywhere except domestic.
- add UPDATE and BUILD variables described in previous e-mail.
- Eliminate lots of global installation rules by using the new SCRIPTS and
  FILES, INCS rules in the global .mk files.
- Add the capability to install man page nroff sources.

Things remaining to do:

- There are two ugly makefiles that specify explicit rules:
  usr.bin/strip/Makefile share/me/Makefile.  These will be fixed shortly.
- games/phantasia and timezone stuff needs to be cleaned up.
- Resolve the LINKS= issues.

Please report bugs directly to me.

christos