Subject: Re: DEC uses NetBSD
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Jim Wise <jimw@numenor.turner.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/24/1997 12:11:35
On Mon, 24 Mar 1997, Ken Hornstein wrote:

> For one, the SGI install program doesn't support -c, which is used by
> practically everything that calls install.  Why do you think that X11
> uses "bsdinst" under Irix?

Actually, bsdinst is just a wrapper which removes '-c' from the command
line, and deletes the destination file...  But I apologize for the tone
of my earlier post...

However, I think this debate is steering us away from the fact that we
need a coherent set of packaging tools, and Irix's are a good place to
start...

FWIW, the TIFF distribution comes with an install.sh which is Irix and
BSD savvy...

--
				Jim Wise
				jim.wise@turner.com