Subject: audio with Crystal PnP Audio System CODEC
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Thorsten Frueauf <frueauf@cyberlap.ira.uka.de>
List: current-users
Date: 03/23/1997 14:51:35
Hello!

I stil have hope to get audio working on my Toshiba Tecra 500 CDT laptop,
running NetBSD current.

The handbook say it is 16bit Soundblaster Pro & Windows Sound System V2.0
compatibel.

Under Windows 95 it runs with the Crystal PnP Audio System CODEC driver.

NetBSD sees it as
sb0 at isa0 port 0x220-0x237 irq 7 drq 1: dsp v3.02

The recent changes improved things a bit. Before those changes, a
`cat never.au > /dev/audio` did just play a single sound, then silence,
until all data was transfered.

After those changes, it seems that the first sequence of 1-2 seconds
gets repeated in an endless loop, until I kill the cat or xanim or
whatever I use to create the audio output.

So recent changes got close to beat some more use out of my sound system,
but stil has some bugs.

Any ideas on how to debug this? Would be glad to do something about it
or test any code!

Greets
      Thorsten

PS: I tryed a kernel with isapnp support compiled in, but it made no difference.
    If I comment out the
    sb0     at isa? port 0x220 irq 7 drq 1  # SoundBlaster
    line, no audio device is detected at all.