Subject: Re: Intel Providence dual P6 motherboard
To: Laine Stump <laine@MorningStar.Com>
From: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/22/1997 11:52:45
The 7880 is the same as a 2940UW unless the MB manufacturer decided not
to enable ultra support (requires an extra capacitor and resitor) or didn't
add both narrow and wide connectors to it.

>I'm also interested in the ethernet (some Intel chipset). Is there a
>driver for this in -current? Has anyone tried it? (Someone else here at
>the office just bought one and said that he couldn't make the ethernet
>work with Linux...)

It is most likely an 82557 based controller, supported by the fxp driver
in FreeBSD.  I'm not sure if anyone has brought it over to NetBSD yet.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations