Subject: Re: DEC uses NetBSD
To: der Mouse <mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 03/21/1997 08:06:39
On Thu, 20 Mar 1997 07:31:58 -0500 (EST)  der Mouse wrote:

> I also expect it to lead to package providers responding to bug reports
> with "why aren't you using the prebuilt binaries?"

I don't, since I don't recall seeing this frequently on the FreeBSD
lists.

"Have you tried the prebuilt binaries?" is asked sometimes as, for
example, a gentle way to ask "do you know about the prebuilt
binaries?".

There have been cases of people trying to build the ports when they
have never seen a C compiler or make; der Mouse is not one of these
people!

Giles