Subject: Re: DEC uses NetBSD
To: der Mouse <mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/20/1997 13:57:42
> Here we see one of the problems with jumbo-packs.  Only two of the five
> "essentials" you list are things I'd even wast^H^H^H^Hdevote any disk
> space to, never mind consider "essential".

As long as you have a fine-grained hierarchy (as, I believe, FreeBSD's
packages do), this isn't a problem.   If you have disk space to burn,
you can install everything.   If you don't, you can pick and choose
down to the individual package level, which means, e.g., that you can
install just ssh, or you can install the jumbo package essentials,
which might include ssh, perl, pine and emacs.   If the FreeBSD
software doesn't already do this, it probably should.

			       _MelloN_