Subject: Re: DEC uses NetBSD
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/20/1997 14:05:55
In message <17954.858877009@auchentoshan.pdl.cs.cmu.edu> "Chris
G. Demetriou" writes:
: I for one would be quite willing to support and buy binary packages
: (provided they were, in fact, professional quality).

I for one would pay good money for Wabi.  Wine is nice, but it just
isn't up to what I need today for my business, whereas Wabi seems to
be.  Wabi will run quicken and quickbooks nearly flawlessly, whereass
wine won't run them at all well in many areas.  I don't have time to
improve Wine, since I'm out making money being a consultant.  I need
these programs (esp quick books) to run my business.  Nothing in the
free world will do that or provide similar functionality.  My other
option is a whole other machine just to run these programs.  I'm not
able to dual boot my current machine because it is the server for a
couple of X terms around my home.

Warner