Subject: Re: English announcement of DEC using NetBSD??
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@server.peacock.de>
List: current-users
Date: 03/20/1997 12:03:18
> Could someone provide a pointer to an english version of the
> announcement, or perhaps provide a translation?

 Answer from a multi-lingual NetBSD-freak, no guarantee for 100%
translation given :-)

 -----------
Digital also builds networked computer.

This year even, Digital Equipment will offer a networked computer (NC),
based on a StrongARM-CPU (currently clocked at 233 MHz) and netBSD as
operating system.

Contrarily too for example Suns JavaStaion, Digitals NC will include
a ZIP-drive, with which a personalized user profile can be integrated.
Also a JIT-Compiler and two PCMCIA-Slots are planned.
As Browser most probably Netscapes Navigator will be used. Furthermore,
X11-applications will run.

A prototype based on Suns JavaOS has been shown by Digital during the
CeBIT show.

 Darn, I had no time to look at Sun during the show, been there for 8
days :-)

--
Markus Illenseer