Subject: Re: DEC uses NetBSD
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 03/20/1997 08:11:35
Peter Seebach wrote:
> Wow!  I'm really impressed.
>
> It's a foot in the door, folks.  Hmm.  So, like, if one wanted to contribute
> to NetBSD, what are the most wanted contributions?  Is there a wishlist
> somewhere?  I keep thinking I should contribute something other than pr's...

Number 1 on my wishlist is a NetBSD version of FreeBSD's `ports' tree
which had 831 ported applications/libraries in it last time I looked.
FreeBSD might consider multi-architecture mods to their structure that
could support NetBSD from the same source.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@netbsd.org
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, 119 Cecil Street, South Melbourne Vic 3205, Australia