Subject: Re: DEC uses NetBSD
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: faried nawaz <fn@Hungry.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 03/19/1997 19:27:07
>>>"Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)" said:

    I also use the FreeBSD ports for the same thing.  They've made it
    harder to find the home sites recently, so I agree that such a
    list would be useful.

If the master sites aren't listed in the port Makefile, they're listed in
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/share/mk/bsd.port.mk.
The information hasn't been hidden away; rather, it's been placed in one
central location.

Searching ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/distfiles/ will also give you
what you want, though only the sources the port was based on, which may not
be the latest release of the software.