Subject: Re: loading lkm's
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/17/1997 11:28:49
matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au> writes:

>    ... it hasn't helped that there are no lkm devices in the NetBSD tree
>
> huh ?
>

> splode ~> ls -l /usr/src/sys/lkm /usr/src/share/lkm
> /usr/src/share/lkm:

_devices_ not filesystems.

The filesystems are there and should work, with the possible exception of
the union fs.

I hope to add compatibility code sooner or later.

I still think there should be some sort of "module registration" interface
so modload can check to see if the required modules are loaded or not and
unload them as well.  Add a reference count and things become pretty
nice.

If someone can do the symbol table work so one module can find another,
I will write up a proposal for the lkm rework.

--Michael