Subject: README: changes to network interface drivers
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 03/16/1997 19:50:00
Hi folks...

I've just committed several changes the network interface code.  The
relevant entries in doc/CHANGES:

	net: add BSD/OS-style network interface media selection
		support, implemented by Jonathan Stone
		and Jason R. Thorpe, with assitance from
		Matt Thomas. [thorpej 970316]
	Convert the LANCE driver to use if_media and add support
		for selecting media types on the Sun4m. [thorpej 970316]
	Import latest version of the DEC Tulip (de) driver,
		supports more cards, fixes bugs, supports
		if_media.  From Matt Thomas. [thorpej 970316]

These changes have been fairly well-tested on the SPARCs and PCs
I have at work, and I don't anticipate any problems.  If you do
encounter problems, please make sure to file a bug report
via send-pr(1), and I will attend to it as quickly as possible.

Ciao.