Subject: Re: Sparc, i386, and Alpha: bunch of changes today.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@cs.cmu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/13/1997 01:28:03
[ Yes, i'm being anal-retentive. 8-]

> So that you people can see what the scoop is, here are the
> boot messages from booting the kernel the cgd just built.
>
> Things to note, things that are broken:
> [ ... ]

To make things completely clear:

(1) Problems #2 (secondary PCI bus bugs/lack-of-support) and #3
    (unclaimed interrupts) that Matt mentioned are AlphaServer
    8200/8400-specific.

(2) Problem #1 (problem mapping isp1's registers) may be a
    generic problem with the ISP driver, but is (at least
    in my opinion) more likely a problem with the AlphaServer
    8200/8400 code.

Like we've said, the AlphaServer 8200/8400 support is preliminary, but
good enough to boot multi-user and build lots of things.  8-)

chris