Subject: sample coll.dir, please?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Masami and Ken Nakata <masami@fa2.so-net.or.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 03/11/1997 14:41:12
Hi,

Could anyone send me a sample coll.dir for supfilesrv?

I'd like to run supfilesrv to sync the source trees on two of my
boxes, and I can't use NFS for the purpose at the moment for some
reason.

The i386 box I want to run server has my only 28.8K modem which the
other (mac68k) cannot use, and the i386 cannot use the Ethernet and
the modem at the same time (only one PCMCIA slot), so I have to sup on
the i386 first, then somehow transfer the changes to the mac68k.

It's getting increasingly annoying to pick all the changed files by
hand to tar up, then ftp to the mac68k, especially when I have time to
sup but don't have time to reflect changes for a few days.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could give me a hint to set up supfilesrv
or a better idea how to sync the two trees.  Oh, I did RTFM (and
RTFS), BTW.

Thanks,

Ken