Subject: Re: NFS V3 problems?
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: Jesus M. Gonzalez <jgb@gsyc.inf.uc3m.es>
List: current-users
Date: 03/03/1997 20:36:23
Frank van der Linden writes:
 > Maybe I made it sound too serious. The problems are there, but you
 > should not see them often; they can be a nuisance but will not result
 > in data loss. Most people may never see any problems at all, some
 > will see the occasional directory entry showing up twice, or a
 > directory entry not showing up (that should be more rare than the first case).
 > NFSv3 is certainly not worse than NFSv2. Also, the offset cookie handling
 > is coded the same for v2 and v3, so the problem applies to both versions.
 >
 > - Frank

	Thanks for your advice. Sometimes one doesn't know if new things
are better than old things or not...

	Anyway, coming back to our problems last Friday, we *did* delete a file
in the mentioned directory, after the disk became full and before we began to experience
problems. In fact, it was the makefile who deleted it,
so we didn't notice this morning... At lunch we were talking about it,
and we remembered the fact. Just in case it was important...

		Jesus.

--
Jesus M. Gonzalez Barahona         | addr.:  c/ Butarque, 15
Grupo de Sistemas y Comunicaciones |         28911 Leganes, Spain