Subject: trace from the vm_fault of the day.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Sean Berry (most of the time) <spberry@cimtech.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/28/1997 12:06:22
NetBSD io.ansci.iastate.edu 1.2C NetBSD 1.2C (IO) #3:
Fri Feb 28 01:12:55 CST 1997
spberry@io.ansci.iastate.edu:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/IO i386

Given the above kernel, and binaries of the same day, while running nn,
(6.5.1) (the only user binary I was running at the time)  I got a vmfault
while nn was pulling down the active file.

vm_fault(0xf9972800,deadb000,1,0) -> 1
kernel: page fault trap, code=0
Stopped at _rt_msg2+0x78: movb 0(%edx), %al
_route_output ([addresses]) at route_output+0x33c
_raw_usrreq
_sosend
_soo_write
_sys_write
_syscall at _syscall+0x248
--- syscall (number 4) ---
0x24bff:

(trace written down and hand copied, might not be entirely accurate,
[addresses] omitted, can be posted if useful)

I'll probably rebuild the kernel and see if I get the same error, but I've
had this fault a couple times now on this kernel.

I can also include a machine configuration if that would help.

TIA,
spb

--
Sean Berry is an ISTJ cellist who works in netbsd.   (must have more toys)
I imagine someone is likely to misinterpret