Subject: dynamic curses based netstat
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Wailer <banshee@gabriella.abattoir.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/27/1997 05:27:58
In a fit of pique this evening, I excavated some code I put together back in
December of 95 which uses curses to display netstat statistics.  So tonight
I diffed against the new code and patched and proded and I have some code
that seems to work.

ftp://ftp.abattoir.com/pub/netstat-curses.tar.gz

Based on -current sources of netstat.  Use netstat -C to bring up the
curses portion; otherwise netstat works the same.  The workings of this
code is based on the appearance of curses netstat I grew to like in the
IRIX environment.

Some cleaning would certainly be needed before this could ever think
about going into the tree, and I'm not so sure I would support such bloat.

Comments are welcome.  Particularly on functioning in non-INET network
environments.

-j