Subject: compile of netgroup fails
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian B. Brown <brian@playfair.utoronto.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 02/26/1997 13:43:33
Hi,

I'm trying to do a make build of -current sources from about Jan 25th,
and I get the following error:

netgroup_mkdb.o: Undefined symbol `__ng_sl_find' referenced from text segment
netgroup_mkdb.o: Undefined symbol `__ng_sl_add' referenced from text segment
netgroup_mkdb.o: Undefined symbol `__ng_sl_init' referenced from text segment
netgroup_mkdb.o: Undefined symbol `__ng_sl_free' referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1

Stop.

My machine is a Sparc IPX with 1.2Alpha.  Any advice on how to get this
to compile cleanly?  I've already replaced yacc, tsort and libc, all to
no avail.

Also, if anyone could tell me how to figure out this sort of problem in
future, it would be muchly appreciated, and I wouldn't have to bug people
on the mailing list!

Tnx,

Brian

brian@playfair.utoronto.ca   |  Playfair/ERIC