Subject: VM hangs with latest bits?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.medford.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 02/24/1997 16:59:41
Anyone else seeing severe VM system hangs with the today's bits?

symptom is: lockup which starts when starting memory hogs (larger X
clients, emacs, ..).  A bunch of processes appear to be hung in
thread_sleep_msg inside vm_fault(); more specifically, vm_fault+0x82e;
it appears to be in the middle of the second of the two occurrances
of:

	UNLOCK_AND_DEALLOCATE;
	VM_WAIT;
	goto RetryFault;

.. which appears to be "wait for pageout daemon to clean pages" logic.

My kernel sources have some local mods so they aren't pure -current,
but nothing I've changed touches the VM system...

						- Bill