Subject: Re: Update your sys/vm! (Sigh, vnode_pager_sync debugged.)
To: Charles M. Hannum <tls@NetBSD.ORG, mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
From: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 02/18/1997 08:47:53
On Feb 17 1997 I wrote:

> This weekend whilst doing a "make build" and running a -current kernel
> generated from Feb. 15 tarballs I got the following errors:
[ "vnode: table is full" errors ]

> Weird things were starting to happen -- like root being unable to open files.
>
> Is this another symptom of the vnode_pager_sync bugs, or is this something
> new?

Just to follow up on this: I compiled up a -current kernel with a 1.25
vnode_pager.c, and have been running happily (and under a reasonable load) for
about 10 hours.  All indications are that the problems I was seeing have
been fixed in 1.25...

Thanks guys...

Later...

Greg Oster

oster@cs.usask.ca
Department of Computer Science
University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, CANADA