Subject: ethernet prob
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: eric richard haszlakiewicz <haszlaki@students.uiuc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/14/1997 12:07:35
	I recently switched from plain 1.2 to 1.2-current and started having
some problems w/ my ethernet card.  Netbsd manages to find my card fine:
de0 at pci0 dev 16 function 0 at irq 12
de0: 21140 [10-100Mb/s] pass 1.2
de0: address 00:40:05:22:d9:13
(it's a linksys etherfast 100baseTX)
But instead if immediately enabling the 10baseT as it used to do it
continues and later:
de0: autosense failed: cable problem?
Eventually it figures it out and enables the 10baseT port but not
for several minutes.  Has anyone had this problem?  Could this be a
problem w/ the network here or the cabling (at UofI there is a weird
custom cable w/ only 2 pairs connected b/c of nonstandard connectors
in the wall).  It was working fine before, and works fine if I boot
off the old kernel.  Bug in if_de (i think that's where it gets detected)
or enhancement picking up problems w/ network?

eric
(I also have started receiving bad crc receive errors from seemingly random
ethernet addresses)