Subject: Re: Escaping in sendmail
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 02/13/1997 12:31:21
> How can I turn on the escaping of 'From'-lines in sendmail ?
> I have compiled and installed the -current sendmail but it doesn't
> help.  From lines are still not escaped and thus are recognised as
> two messages in my reader.

I think this is the responsibility of the local delivery agent, not
sendmail.  sendmail can be taught to generate or not generate a From_
line when doing local delivery, I think, but applying kludges to the
body of the message to work around a broken mailbox format are rather
out of its jurisdiction.

What local delivery agent are you using?

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca