Subject: [i386/Ethernet IF]???dec 21142 status???
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Shoji Yuen <yuen@deneb.sakabe.nuie.nagoya-u.ac.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 02/12/1997 10:10:36
We have got an MS/NT-machine which comes with 21142 on board.
(sold here as Celebris6200XL from DEC Japan)
I'd like to run NetBSD on it. (Or any version of freebsd)

I tried the current kernel as of 6 Feb booting up from a
floppy.  The kernel seems recognizing 21142, but it fails to
detect the media.  (With the "TULIB_DEBUG" option, it can be
seen that the kernel keeps polling the media in vain...)

Does anybody know the status of if_de for 21142?
I'd like to know if the problem is DEC-specific or not at least.
And I have no hardware idea of that chip.  Let me know if
there is any useful info to fix this problem.

Thanks,