Subject: Re: IP-masquerading for NetBSD?
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/08/1997 22:05:47

> On Thu, 06 Feb 1997 11:10:53 -0500
>  "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> wrote:
>
>  > Paul Boven writes:
>  > > Is there any form of ip-masquerading available for NetBSD?
>  >
>  > I'm not surprised you haven't found any documentation on it since I
>  > (and others I've asked) have no clue what the you mean.
>
> I have the sneaking suspicion that the means NAT.  NetBSD-current has
> ipfilter as part of the system.  Ipfilter includes NAT functionality.

Try "Juniper":

www.obtuse.com

It does non-routable address to routable address translation, and works
VERY nicely.  It's also a full feature Firewall system.  As long as you
have a small network and don't make money with it, it's also FREE!  (See
license agreement for more information).

It even supports verbose/silent messaging through a sysctl (turn on/off
lots of messages).

These are good folks, trying to put a good product on the street.  I'm
VERY impressed so far; I wouldn't leave homenet without it.

--
Dave Burgess  (The man of a thousand E-Mail addresses)
*bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom