Subject: Re: error in installing lib/libkern, lib/libsa
To: c5666305 <c5666305@comp.polyu.edu.hk>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 02/05/1997 12:04:24
On Wed, 5 Feb 1997, c5666305 wrote:

> When I get the latest source from ftp.netbsd.org 5 Feb 97 and make, system
> report the follwings errors:-
> [...]
> Have anyone encountered the same problem and have the solution to solve it.
> If so, please advise.  Thanks.

Under the current source tree organization, you should make sure that you
do a `make includes' from /usr/src, then rebuild and install all libraries
before you start rebuilding individual binaries.  (If you haven't updated
your source tree since the last full build, of course, this isn't
necessary, but that's not applicable in this particular instance.)

***WARNING***  Do the following at your own risk!  If it breaks your
system and you don't have a trivial way to recover, don't blame me or the
NetBSD developers for the damage.  As far as I can see, this procedure is
essentially unsupported for general use.

+ If your system is relatively up to date and none of the tools used in
  the build process have changed since the last time you compiled and
  installed everything, you can (usually) use the `build' target in
  /usr/src/Makefile to update your system.  From /usr/src, simply do a
  `make build'.

--scott