Subject: Re: change in gathering of kernel memory stats
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@uaccess.net>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/02/1997 16:48:02
Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@uaccess.net> writes:

> The KMEMSTATS option, formerly silently turned on by a #define in
> <sys/malloc.h>, is now turned off by default.  If you build your kernel with
> "options KMEMSTATS" or "options DEBUG" you will turn it back on.

BTW, something was mentioned to me about this.

This could quite easily screw LKM developers over.

I haven't checked the source yet, but what happens if you compile the kernel
without KMEMSTATS and then compile an LKM, say AFS, with it?

I hope I'm wrong, and AFS won't need to have two versions, one for KMEMSTATS
allocation and one for those without.

--Michael