Subject: Re: README: setroot changes that affect you!
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@unna.ping.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/02/1997 13:28:33
--==_Exmh_1738258895P

In message <199702011958.LAA10333@lestat.nas.nasa.gov>you write:
> On Sat, 01 Feb 1997 19:03:26 +0100
>  Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@unna.ping.de> wrote:
>
>  > So that leads to the fact, that I cannot track current on all my i386 boxes
>  > because they all have a minimalistic swap partition on the root-disk, i.e.
>  > they will not work at all for the things they are destined to.
>
> I think I'm not understanding your question... The _only_ things that the
> new setroot does not support are:
>
> 	root on ? swap on sd0b and sd1b
>
> ...for example.  The old lingo for that would have been:

I think I have misundertood the issue.
I have always had a set of kernels to boot from different disks (sd0, sd1,
sd5) and all had all disks configured as swap (on sd0b and sd1b and sd2b and
sd3b and sd4b and sd5b and sd6b).

So all is as it was before the new code was dropped in.
Sorry for the confusion.

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.
						    oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de

--==_Exmh_1738258895P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBMvSIcbA63tqjeAhZAQEMGgP/YixIHeAkYVqwvo4iOmhi0v11apHsu435
RL+7SQdXlxJMjAUYO2PTt5iajZNsjk0Wm4nlcNJqXTA0PN9JPxQVRs1NLNEwtQ0V
RKF81CrN7jxFzDyJx47sEUfCBBQhMnidl+Md1y4tgCjjDCSbu3t+Gv1tf+sYbQwo
bz/G5QsZ+bw=
=jMAk
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_1738258895P--