Subject: Re: shared libraries
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@cs.cmu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/31/1997 00:25:58
> Speaking of POSIX, do we (the NetBSD project) have POSIX documentation
> available somewhere where NetBSD hackers can look at it, or is it like
> IEEE stuff where you have to pay them megabucks to get a copy?

POSIX is not "like" IEEE stuff, posix _IS_ IEEE stuff.  It is the IEEE
1003.* family of standards.

Thankfully, it's not actually _megabucks_, typically "just" a
hectobuck per standard, unless you can find somebody who's going to
one of the meetings and get them to give you the one half-off standard
that they're allowed to purchase (or something like that)...

cgd