Subject: minor make question.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/28/1997 19:24:16
Does anyone else out there see something like this:

# cd make
# pwd
/usr/src/usr.bin/make
# make cleandir depend all install
[normal activity]
===> PSD.doc
make: don't know how to make depend. Stop
*** Error code 2

Stop.

The thing is, it only does this with the *exact* command above, and
it looks like it enters PSD.doc twice.  Doing 'make cleandir depend all'
doesn't trigger it, the install must be there.  Oh, and '.' isn't in
the path, so I'm definitely using /usr/bin/make.

I don't usually build things this way, but with the changes to make
recently, I was building it first, before the kernel.  This isn't really
a problem for me, but I thought it might be an indicator of a bug somewhere.

-Andrew