Subject: Re: ip reassembly time exceeded?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 01/27/1997 22:14:24
On Mon, 27 Jan 1997, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> Actually, my take is that this sounds *much* more like an IP
> fragmentation or reassembly bug.  A tcpdump trace would tell you
> which, and at which end it's on.

Yeah, it does, actually. And given that I've got sniffer access to
both ends, I'm the logical one to track this down, too. Ugh. :-)

> Alternatively, is there a third machine on your local net, besides the
> Sun3 and the losing Windows95 box?  If so, how does *it* do with TCP
> connections to web servers, or other sites on a different net from the
> Livingston?

Yes, there is now. I have to have another go at testing this at
some point.  Perhaps this week-end. I'm very overloaded at work
right now, unfortunately.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.