Subject: Re: com "silo overflow" messages
To: Tom Yu <tlyu@MIT.EDU>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@rmkhome.rmkhome.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/21/1997 23:18:25
Tom Yu said:

>raeburn> However...  In my current configuration, I don't have a wd
>raeburn> controller any more.  All disks are connected to an Adaptec
>raeburn> 2940U SCSI controller.  And yet I still get "silo overflow"
>raeburn> reports during heavy disk activity.
>
>raeburn> My kernel dates from mid-November.  I tried updating, but it
>raeburn> looks like I'll need to update some other tools first so I
>raeburn> can build the new kernel.

This reminds me...  Here I have a Sun 3/80 running 4.1.1 that is waiting
for NetBSD/Sun3x.  Every now and then I see a "zs3:ring buffer overflow".

At work I have a Sun SPARC 1000 with 2 processors running Solaris 2.5 that
every now and then gets a "zs3:ring buffer overflow".

Sun acknowledges the bug and shrugs...
--
Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.com	    rmk@tencats.rmkhome.com
                http://tencats.rmkhome.com