Subject: Re: the weirdness continued - ARGH
To: Current Users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 01/20/1997 17:05:32
>   Can you reduce your problem to a short example? Maybe listen()
> followed by pause()?

Oh well, I should think first and then think again (and then, maybe, post
to the list).

All the problems I've reported are side effects of the software I was
running.  I use a special login program which talks to this daemon - and
when the daemon is locked up trying to write() to a tty, the login command
locked up as well.

So, the only _real_ problem is that the Cyclades driver locked up somehow.
The ASLEEP flag was set and the only way to clear it was to say
'stty -f /dev/ttymX speed 0' (which seemed to reset the port, so a reboot
was not required).

Sorry for the false alarm (*phew* - good to know that NetBSD didn't have
this kind of a bug ;-)

Now, if I can set the nonblocking mode for the tty lines....

  -jm

--

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---