Subject: weirdness - solved?
To: Current Users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 01/19/1997 19:44:57
Hmm, I gave some false information in my last message.

Yes, my daemon _does_ write to tty's, indeed, and one dial-in line was in
ASLEEP state and the daemon could not write to it, so it hang.  Why this
affected so many other things, I don't know (is it possible that one
application not calling select() and accept() could cause massive socket
problems to the whole system?)

Anyway, there must be something wrong with the Cyclades serial driver - I
don't think a port should enter ASLEEP state and stay there for hours.
Maybe someone with greater knowledge of tty drivers could send me some info
so I could look at the driver.

Thanks,

  -jm

--