Subject: Re: Prentium MMX for NetBSD-current
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@CS.cmu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/17/1997 13:47:49
> On Fri, 17 Jan 1997 10:30:22 +0100
>  "Heiko W.Rupp" <hwr@pilhuhn.de> wrote:
>
>  > :|o import FreeBSD's vm system with merged/fixed vm/buffer system
>  >
>  > Only when it is as stable as the actual vm system. I hate reading "it runs
>  > perfect ... " and after a few days and few mails "..oops you are right there
>  > was still a minor bug .." and this over and over again.
>
> ...never mind the current portability problems.

So, every time the FreeBSD VM system comes up, somebody from NetBSD
says that "it has portability problems," and invariably somebody from
FreeBSD says "no it doesn't."

Since it's impossible to prove the negative in this case, and they
seem to think that they don't have portability problems would somebody
(hopefully somebody who's been making the portability-problem claims)
actually point out some of the portability problems?

cgd